Search by Crop & Variety: SY Assure Soft White Winter Wheat
1. SY Assure is a Soft White Winter Wheat bred and developed by Syngenta Seeds, Inc.
2. SY Assure was selected for high yield potential and test weight, lodging resistance and resistance to stripe rust using the modified bulk-pedigree method.
3. SY Assure has shown good adaptation in the high to moderate rainfall regions of western Idaho, eastern Washington, north-central and northeastern Oregon and irrigated production in the southern Snake River region of Idaho and the irrigated production areas of Washington.
4. SY Assure is resistant to the current predominant races of stripe rust and has no known insect resistance.
5. Identifying characteristics – insert the descriptive term from the Objective Description (pages 3-except where indicated:
1. Kind: Common, Soft White Winter Wheat
If common, provide appropriate kernel characteristic: (Hard Red, Soft Red, Hard White, Soft White)
2. Seasonal Growth Habit: Winter
3. Coleoptile Color: White
4. Juvenile Growth Habit: Erect
5. Leaf Color at Boot: Green
6. Flag Leaf at Boot: Recurved, Twisted, Wax Absent
7. Auricle Color: White
8. Day(s) to 50% Heading: 145
9. Anther Color: Yellow
10. Anthoncyanin: Absent
11. Plant Height (cm): 82
12. Internodes: Hollow
13. Spike Shape: Tapering
14. Spike Density: Lax
15. Spike Curvature: Nodding
16. Awn Type: Awned
17. Awn Color: White
18. Glume Color: White
19. Glume Length Long
20. Shoulder Shape: Oblique
21. Shoulder Width: Narrow
22. Beak Shape: Acuminate
23. Beak Length (S.M.L.VL): L
24. Glume Pubescence: Absent
25. Seed Color White
26. Seed Shape: Ovate
27. Cheeks: Rounded
28. Brush Size (S,M,L.): M
29. Avg 1,000 Kernel Wt (g): 43
30. Physiological/biochemical Traits:
Variants and frequency:
Less than 0.5% of plants were rogued from the Breeder Seed increase. Ninety percent of the variant plants were taller (3 to 10 cm). Ten percent of the variants were awnless as opposed to the predominant awned typed. Up to 1% variant plants may be encountered in subsequent generations. Up to 0.5% red seed may be encountered in all classes of certified production.
6. Syngenta Seeds, Inc. maintains seed stock and certified classes of Foundation, Registered and Certified. Syngenta Seeds, Inc. will maintain the variety by the head row/progeny method to produce breeder seed as needed. Royalty fees are anticipated.
7. Certified seed will likely be available Fall of 2016
8. Plant Variety Protection is anticipated in 2016 and SY Assure may only be sold as a class of certified seed.
9. Certified acreage is not to be published by AOSCA and certifying agencies.
Date this application was submitted: Jan 8, 2016
Date recommended by the VRB: Mar 22, 2016