Search by Crop & Variety: SY SELWAY Hard Red Winter Wheat
1. 04PN3001-2 is a hard red spring common wheat bred and developed by Syngenta Seeds.
2. 04PN3001-2 was selected for height, uniformity, agronomics and disease reaction.
3. 04PN3001-2 was tested in the spring wheat growing areas (12 to 20 inch moisture zones) of the Pacific Northwest (PNW) and was determined to be adapted to this area.
4. 04PN3001-2 has shown a tolerant reaction to the current strains of stripe rust in the PNW.
5. Identifying characteristics – insert the descriptive term from the Objective Description (pages 3-5) except where indicated:
|Kind||Hard Red Spring|
|Seasonal Growth Habit||Spring|
|Juvenile Growth Habit||Erect|
|Leaf Color at Boot||Green|
|Flag Leaf at Boot||Recurved, Twisted, Waxy|
|Day(s) to 50% Heading||155|
|Plant Height (cm)||98|
|Avg 1,000 Kernel wt (g)||41.7|
6. Syngenta Seeds, Inc. maintains seed stock and certified classes of Foundation, Registered and Certified. Syngenta Seeds, Inc. will maintain the variety by the head row/progeny method to produce breeder seed as needed. Royalty fees are anticipated.
7. Certified seed will likely be available for planting in the spring of 2016.
8. Plant Variety Protection is anticipated in 2015 and 04PN3001-2 may only be sold as a class of certified seed.
9. Certified acreage is not to be published by AOSCA and certifying agencies.
Date this application was submitted: Jun 30, 2015
Date recommended by the VRB: Sep 28, 2015