1. 04W40292R is a hard red spring common wheat bred and developed by Syngenta Seeds.
2. 04W40292R was selected on yield, test weight, disease reaction and end use quality.
3. 04W40292R was tested in the spring wheat growing areas of the Pacific Northwest and was determined to be adapted to this area.
4. 04W40292R has a MR (moderately resistant) reaction to current strains of strip rust.
5. Identifying characteristics - insert the descriptive term from the Objective Description (pages 3-5) except where indicated:
1. Kind: Hard Red Spring
If common, provide appropriate kernel characteristic: (Hard Red, Soft Red, Hard White, Soft White) 2. Seasonal Growth Habit: Spring
3. Coleoptile Color: White
4. Juvenile Growth Habit: Erect
5. Leaf Color at Boot: Green
6. Flag Leaf at Boot: Recurved, Twisted, Wax Present
7. Auricle Color: Purple
8. Day(s) to 50% Heading: 151
9. Anther Color: Yellow
10. Anthoncyanin: Absent
11. Plant Height (cm): 95
12. Internodes: Hollow
13. Spike Shape: Tapering
14. Spike Density: Middense
15. Spike Curvature: Erect
16. Awn Type: Awned
17. Awn Color: White
18. Glume Color: White
19. Glume Length Long
20. Shoulder Shape: Square
21. Shoulder Width: Narrow
22. Beak Shape: Acuminate
23. Beak Length (S.M.L.VL): M
24. Glume Pubescence: Present
25. Seed Color Red
26. Seed Shape: Ovate
27. Cheeks: Rounded
28. Brush Size (S,M,L.): M
29. Avg 1,000 Kernel Wt (g): 41
30. Physiological/biochemical Traits:
Variants and frequency:
04W40292R has been uniform and stable since 2012. Less than 0.1% of the plants were rogued from the Breeder. Seventy five percent of the variant plants were taller height wheat plants (4 to 8 cm). Twenty-five percent of the variants were later maturity (2 to 3 days). White seeded variant of approximately 0.1% has also been identified in the Breeder Seed production. Up to 1.0% variant plants may be encountered in subsequent generations.
6. Syngenta Seeds, Inc. maintains seed stock and certified classes of Foundation, Registered and Certified. Syngenta Seeds, Inc. will maintain the variety by the head row/progeny method to produce breeder seed as needed. Royalty fees are anticipated.
7. Certified seed will likely be available for planting in the spring of 2016
8. Plant Variety Protection is anticipated in 2015 and 04W40292R may only be sold as a class of certified seed.
9. Certified acreage is not to be published by AOSCA and certifying agencies.
Date this application was submitted: Jun 30, 2015
Date recommended by the VRB: Sep 28, 2015